Saturday, January 05, 2008

holmes at home

Most writing here has been about time away from home.

Still, I've been thinking about this blog more and more since I'm starting to plan my next trip and I have a few posts about the home I've found since being in Atlanta again, while starting to think about leaving for India.

For starters, ever since I moved in with my roommates Allen and Liz just a slizzered swerve from fashionable EAV (just ask the guy across the street that I wave to as he chugs a 22oz brown bag before getting on the main drag - you know, it's safer that way) I've wanted to broadcast some awe and wonder for the local economy. The picture here is of Nabor's cleaners, a nice place where they do unto your laundry as you would have them do unto you.

It's best not to think too hard about the spelling here, just as it's best not to worry too much about the Jehovah's witnesses that come by at least once a week to convert us young professional heathens. Much less to be concerned about a faith that sees a limit to the number of people that can get into heaven, but still tries to get more people to join... If it were me, I'd try to keep my odds as favorable as possible.

Also nearby is Ann's snack shack, voted best burger in the nation by USA today, and best burger in Atlanta by Creative Loafing. What first drew my attention before all that though was the carefully airbrushed sign out front, proclaiming the rapidly-approaching-40-year-old trailer as home of the world famous ghetto burger (pictures and stories to come soon). World famous? Well, I had to have a piece of that. Did I hear you say hamburgers are cultural exceptions to vegetarianism?

No comments: